Niagara Falls

May 30, 2006

I continue to make in-road in my fight, but this jungle is so thick that I can even barely see the skies, sometimes I whish I could wish some pounds away, Anyone there want some, I’ll trade. I weighted in at 307.8, which is great, lost almost 3 pounds since my last (public) posting, but not enough, not enough. It was a yo-yo week of highs and lows, of joy and gloom, I saw the scale at 305.2 just to disappear into thin air in the next couple days.

I faltered, I lost my way, I lost momentum, I drowned in wrong emotions and sorrows, It was a week full of anxiety and insecurity, I felt like a little Lost puppy on the streets on New York, struggling for its life, besieged, looking everywhere for answers and not finding any. It was horrible.

I spend some time in , that's my way out, it beats Nielsen chocolate bars, or those delicious Mexican Nachos with cheese and Jalapenos on top. The roar of the water, the mist in the air, the smiles on peoples faces, the majestic fall, the smell of spring, the sound of birds, the beauty of nature, all that beauty helps settle my pain, soothes my soul.

I am ready for another week, I say bring it on. I want seven days out of seven days in the GYM, lets go for a perfect 10. I know, that the only way I lose weight is through exercise. There is something weird with my metabolism, I can stop all food intake and barely lose any weight, I would probably DIE before I can see any radical change (seriously).

So here goes Roddy.

6 comments:

wildflower said...

My own wish is that I could lose my extra weight as easily as I gained it! It is truly frustrating how long it seems to take. But every little lost pound adds up! Three pounds is awesome, Roddy! You are doing great! The important thing is to keep going. You can do this!

Weight can easily fluctuate from day to day because of water gains and losses, so do try not to get too discouraged by the numbers.

You live near Niagara Falls? How very cool! I have never been there but hope to one day. I can see where that would be a neat place to sort of meditate on things. I am sorry that you were feeling down. I find even my most "down" times eventually pass and I feel at least a little better. Hang in there and know you are not the only one in the struggle.

You are inspiring me to get to the gym! I have a membership I haven't used in a couple of months.

~*Danielle*~ said...

Hi Roddy..

We all loose our weigh sometime (notice the pun?) But we just have to pick up the pieces and keep going..

At this rate.. think of how much you will be down in 6 months :) When you add it up it is alot eh?

I would love to have a place like Niagara falls.. Heck I would love the time to GO to a place like Niagara falls. When you visited my blog, I did think of a spot.. and I have a spot.. and I know if it ever gets too much for me I have that spot to go to. It isn't as soothing as the falls, but it is a place..Thank you for that advice.

Bring it ON! You can do this!

Barbara said...

You should never try to stop eating because your body thinks it is starving and holds onto the weight. If you eat well moderate portions you are likely to see better results.
Good for you for getting out instead of eating. That is still a major problem for me.

Barbara said...

You should never try to stop eating because your body thinks it is starving and holds onto the weight. If you eat well moderate portions you are likely to see better results.
Good for you for getting out instead of eating. That is still a major problem for me.

Fat Pants said...

You know I could have wrote this post. don't get discourged we are all in this together.

FAT BITCH said...

Hi Roddy :)

What a poetic, romatic soul you have.

That photo of the falls is simply GORGEOUS. I've always wanted to see them for myself.

Remember Roddy - the falls is made up of tiny little droplets of water that all came together to form that phenomenon...I think you know what I am talking about...

You can DO it!!!!! even if you just exercise a few times a week and stay on your diet, just give yourself some time and you will get there, my friend, you will get there. Believe me, I too get frustrated but I keep on thinking of the end result...we are all here for you and wishing you well. HUG