Strategy

May 19, 2006

How to lose weight, is a question I guess everyone ask themselves. In my case, knowing myself. I will lose weight mainly through getting my Butt out of this chair, that's it, move it, shake it, stir it, just don't let it sit idle for too long.

So key fact that shape my strategy for losing weight are :

1. I am a software developer, a gamer and a do-it all on the computer, read news, check statements, pay bills, read books, listen music, take courses, buy stuff etc.... I can not leave without internet, there I said it. In fact my TV is gathering dust already. I can sit 24 hours on my desk without feeling the need to get up, shameful, but true.

2. I really don’t eat a lot, and have been able to eat kind of healthy for several years already. With the odd occasion for indulging of course. I also have been able to control my cravings over the last few years, no more Pepsi, no more Cherry Garcia, no more Hazelnut Chocolates. I really have been able to control my habits.
3. I love basketball, I could play for hours if i had the stamina to do it, I guess is the challenge of wining a pick up game , show you skill muscle and destroy the opposition.

Based on my analysis of me, I will not even think of pounds to lose or mid terms goals or long term goals. My tow main goals are:

Keep controlling my food income and quality of the food I eat
I will read as much as i can of nutrition, calorie intake, calorie consumption. I will learn to cook simple , healthy food, tasty ( enough Tuna) that will discourage my inclination to eat out. As part of these goal I intend to join Weight-Watchers, I have been there a couple of times and found it lacking, it wasn’t for me and in reality it is not for me as the main trust of losing weight, but as a support action for motivational and educational purpose.

Exercise regularly and substantially
I will get into some kind of physical activity as often as I can as this is my main trust for losing weight. 3500 calories burned thru exercise are the equivalent of 1 lbs of weight. I will walk, run or play basketball as often as I can. If I can do it 3 times a week it will be an amazing success, but I hope I can motivate myself to do it daily, even if it is only 10 minutes a day.

There you have it, this is my strategy to accomplish my goal of 102 pounds.

2 comments:

The Coz said...

Your strategy sounds like a good one. I would like to recommend a book that I found to be excellent. It's called:

Walking Magazine The Complete Guide To Walking: for Health, Fitness, and Weight Loss by Mark Fenton

You can find it on Amazon. It's a one year program for getting in shape all by walking. You start out a few minutes a day and build up until by the end of the year you are doing some major hiking or walking some races. It's a one-year recommended time frame but you can take it at your own pace if you are starting particularly sedentary.

I'm just starting out, but I've read the entire book and the author is in love with walking for everyone and his writing style is very motivating.

102pounds said...

Thanks a million for Cheering me up.

I will take a look at the book you recommend.

Again Thank you for being an Angel