Niagara Falls Marathon

August 02, 2006




I will be walking the Half-Marathon, which is a 13.1 mile walk. I am focusing my walking sessions for this event, and lose weight at the same time.

I am really motivated , to the point that I want to try a full marathon in the near future. (will see how I feel after the half). The Big Sur Marathon on the California coastline, near Carmel seems to be an inspirational one. I just love the fresh air and breath-taking views of the Pacific North-West.

I am serious about the half-marathon, I and inviting any other weight-loss bloggers or any one by out there to join me on this event. Please advertise this to your friends and readers as it will be good to have someone there with the same goals and experiences. Please PASS THE WORD. The race is on October 22nd, and you can register till 1 day before the marathon.

Here is the information about the Niagara Falls Marathon. It is on both sides of the border, starts in the USA and ends in Canada. You can check and get more information on their website.
http://www.niagarafallsmarathon.com/




By the way I weighted myself today at 283.8 lbs, that is about 5 pounds less than my last weight posting. I am so excited, I can feel the under 280's now, that will be like another artificial barrier in my mind, I just can't wait for it to happen. I am in the process of taking some pictures, that I can post so I can show my full body length front and rear, I will post those in my next posting , once I figure out the technical aspect of blogger.

Do something, Do anything, Get Going, NOW

Roddy

8 comments:

TC said...

Wow! Good for you for doing the marathon. how inspiring!

http://skinniereverafter.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

That's awesome, good for YOU :) TC is right, very inspiring.

Michelle said...

Thanks for the kind words on my blog! Winning the Extreme Makeover's the best thing that's happened to me in years! Be sure to check back this weekend for my "after" pictures!

Take care!

FAT BITCH said...

Hi Roddy :) HUG

Oh wow look at this blog and look at YOU!! Not only have you beautified the place up but you lost 38 pounds - how motivated are YOU????!!!

I'm really, really happy for you my brother. :D

Like the others, I TOO think you are an inspiration and this marathon you are planning to do is proof of that!

pastgirl said...

What a fabulous, affirming thing to do!!! Hooray for you and all of the progress you are making!

eusebius said...

Roddy - I did the Niagara Falls half last year and it was a blast. It rains there often but if you're dressed for it you won't care. Have fun!

iportion said...

Wow I hope you do well with your marathon.
I want to be stronger now.

alex said...

hey pops!
great job!
i'll see you soon im just busy over here with job hunting and band practices im sorry for being absent. keep up the good work man!
love alex